Sodium Acetate Trihydrate
|Product Name:||Sodium Acetate Trihydrate|
|Synonym||Acide Acetique, Kyselina Octova, Ethylic Acid, Ethanoic acid monomer, Aci-jel|
|Solubility in water||Miscible|
|Boiling Point:||244.4°F (118°C)|
- Sodium acetate is an alkaline salt, being the product of a strong base and a weak acid.Thus, its alkalinity, as well as its low price,makes it attractive in the neutralization of industrial mineral acids discharge.
- In pest control, sodium acetate is under study for use as a component of nematicides.Nematodes may be drawn to sodium acetate as a kind of bait, even as pheromones can be used to draw certain insects.
- Buffering agent in various industries (e.g. paper industry, cosmetic industry, petroleum industry,textile industry) as the conjugate base of acetic acid, a solution of sodium acetate and acetic acid can act as a buffer to keep a relatively constant pH level. This is useful especially in biochemical applications where reactions are pH-dependent in a mildly acidic range (pH 4-6).
- Sodium acetate is used in the textile industry to neutralize sulfuric acid waste streams and also as a photoresist while using aniline dyes
- In leather industry used as a pickling agent in chrome tanning.
- In chemical industry used in the manufacture of diazo compounds
- And in rubber industry to retard vulcanization of chloroprene in synthetic rubber production.
- In processing cotton for disposable cotton pads, sodium acetate is used to eliminate the buildup of static electricity.
- Sodium acetate is used to mitigate water damage to concrete by acting as a concrete sealant, while also being environmentally benign and cheaper than the commonly-used epoxy alternative for sealing concrete against water permeation.